If you have upgraded Windows to 10 from a version such as Windows XP, Vista and therefore Windows 7, you may have noticed that the F8 function key that we pressed at startup to switch to Safe Mode no longer works.< /p>
F8 is still available on the piano keyboard, but it also works with other basic shortcuts to perform certain functions, mostly when your trackpad or rodent doesn’t work and you need to use keyboard shortcuts instead.
In this riverIn this guide, we’ll show you what to do if you find that F8 isn’t working on Windows 10, but first we’ll take a look at why this is happening.
Why Doesn’t F8 Work On Windows 10?
Why is my keyboard typing slashes?
According to users, if your keyboard is literally typing automatically, it might be due to the Sticky Keys feature. This was an accessibility feature, and while it can be useful for many hobbyists, it can sometimes cause problems, so be sure to turn it off.
Safe Mode is a feature of Windows that is common to all versions, as the operating system was previously used to fix various problems such as driver installation problems, Windows boot problems, malware or viruses, etc.
Removed F8 launch to reduce function startup time. It’s a simple fact that Windows 10 boots much faster than previous versions, so you don’t have enough time to hit F8 and enter Safe Mode during the boot process. In addition, it cannot detect boot pressure, which prevents access to the boot selection screen from which you can access the safe mode option.
Instead, Microsoft has provided a new “Advanced Boot Options” menu feature that gives you access to troubleshooting options such as Safe Mode and others.
You can still access the safe mode feature as well by pressing the F8 key, but everyone has to re-enable it manually by following a few simple steps, and other methods are available for now besides being in safe mode. , unfortunately, they are not so simple.
Fix F8 Not Working In Windows 10
1. Physically activate the F8 key again
- Type CMD in the search bar and click “Run as administrator”.
- Type this command next to the prompt: bcdedit /set default bootmenupolicy legacy and press Enter.
Where is forward slash on US keyboard?
Generating the entire ‘/’ character on a US keyboard
On an English keyboard, the slash is in the same place as the question mark key after the right shift key.
Note. BCD or Boot Configuration Data Edit is a built-in Windows tool that controls technologyslash.com the system uses boot. It also helps to simply re-enable the F8 start menu.
- Reboot your computer and press the F8 key on your keyboard a few times, remembering that it will boot, and you will see the Advanced Boot Options menu where you can select Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Online Update ” or “Safe Mode”. using the command line.
To disable the F8 key again, open an elevated command prompt and type: bcdedit /set default bootmenupolicy standard
2. LoginEnter Safe Mode from the Start Menu
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Then, in the Settings menu, click Update & Security.
- In the left pane, select Recovery, then click Restart Now.
- Windows png will automatically restart your computer and display the main options screen. Click Troubleshoot.
- Click “More Options”.
- Then click Launch Options.
- You will most likely see a screen with various boot options.
- On the new keyboard, press F4 or the number 4 for the appropriate mode, secure or basic, to enter Safe Mode with Networking ormandline, depending on what you want to do.
Note. You can also click Start, right-click any type of power button, and while holding down the appropriate Shift key, click Restart. This will automatically restart Windows and display the “Choose an Option” movie, after which you can continue with the steps to enter Safe Mode.
- How to set or clear CMOS in Windows 10
- Unigene Skybank