Advices about health like recognising symptoms of allergies, depression, treatment of alcoholism, best medicine for migraines. Everything from healthy food to health insurence.
To provide assistance in the epileptic attack? | First Aid
To provide assistance in the epileptic attack? And Epilepsy Epilepsy is a group of diseases characterized by recurrences certain types of seizures and pathological EEG
Epilepsy or Epilepsy is a group of diseases characterized by recurrences certain types of seizures and pathological EEG. Epileptic seizure is only a symptom that occurs as a consequence of brain pathological outbreak of a group of neurons in epileptic foci, which spreads to neighboring healthy neurons. One epileptic seizure does not mean epilepsy. Occasionally seizures can occur at any age.
Epileptic status resulting from a series of epileptic seizures between which patients do not come to consciousness, lasting longer than 30 minutes and requires specific and immediate treatment. Approximately 3% of epileptics throughout life has epileptic status.
Although there are several types of epileptic seizures, some facts are valid for all
first SEIZURES NOT LAST LONG. Duration of most attacks is 1-2 minutes, Although most people feel confused and need some time to recover completely.
2 SEIZURES spontaneously. Except in rare cases, the brain has a way to safely start a complete fit.
3 You can not hold them back. In urgent cases, doctors can stop the medication long-term seizures. In other cases, a person must wait to attack spontaneously pass.
4 people do not feel pain during LONG seizures, although the attack may feel pain in the muscles.
5 MAJORITY ATTACKS not life threatening people with epilepsy.
6 SEIZURES ARE DANGEROUS FOR OTHER PEOPLE. FIRST AID DURING epileptic seizure
• Remove the patient from the vicinity of any object that could hurt him during the attack.
• The patient lay on the floor or leave the dental chair to be tilted in the back.
• Set up a soft, flat object under the head of the patient.
• patient unbutton a shirt collar, tie, untie him, eventually loosen belt presses.
• The patient should be turned on its side to allow drainage of secretions and prevent aspiration.
• After the termination of seizures put the patient in recovery position - lower leg stretched, bent above the knee, the lower arm behind the body -.
• If the During the attack an instrument remains stuck between the teeth, should not be removed until no longer fit!
• During seizures can cause severe damage to soft tissue or fracture of teeth, and if a tooth aspiration or accessories to the patient before transport to a specialized institution.
• Do not give any liquid to the patients mouth during the seizure.
• It is not advisable to keep a patient during a seizure, or attempt to physically stop the spasms.
• Check the exact time of the attack as orientation on the length of its duration.
• Always wait at the scene that the patient regains consciousness. Status epilepticus is always threatening the life of patients and treatment should begin as soon as possible:
first lateral position with head down, to prevent aspiration regained content
second normal breathing is ensured by setting the airway or endotracheal intubation
3 Prevent injury by placing the patient on a soft surface
4 translate to the hospital!
to calm epileptic seizures of any type are injected intravenously 5 -10 mg of diazepam - know, Prozac, Valium, Normabel - or by intravenous clonazepam - Rivotril - or intramuscular midazolam - Dormicum -.
Drugs used in status epilepticus - a therapy in the hospital -: Diazepam
first - know, Prozac, Valium , Normabel - in the above dose clonazepam
2-starting dose is 2mg = 4ml. It works fast and lasts about 30 minutes. Injections can be repeated to give a maximum dose of 20 mg in 24 hours. Alternatively you can give intramuscular midazolam - 1ampula of 15mg 3ml = -, ending status for 1-5 hours.
3 Phenytoin is given slowly to avoid pressure drop. given to 1ampula of 250mg intravenously, repeated after 1 hour, 6 hours, 12 hours and after 24 hours - if necessary -.
4 in the treatment of resistant status of the account comes Phenobarbitone intramuscular or intravenous injection of 10mg/kg in children and 90 - 120mg in adults. may be repeated every 10-15 minutes to a maximum dose of 25mg/kg in children and 1000 mg in adults. can be given intravenously and thiopental in the institution where the patient can be artificially ventilated.
immediate medical attention if you see:
• there is reasonable suspicion that people would not suffer from epilepsy - the first epileptic attack -
• There is no reliable information that comes to epileptic seizures
• the recovery of consciousness after a seizure is extremely slow
• the seizure occurred in pregnant women or diabetics
• patient reported breathing problems •
the seizure occurred during a physical injury to the patient
• seizure lasts longer than 5 minutes
• The second attack occurred just after the first ended
• patient comes to mind after the termination of seizures